DUTIES UPON TAKING OFFICE:
- To meet with the outgoing President. Note: in the past a binder was created by the President and this was gone through. This has not been done in several years and perhaps a new person would like to do this. It would include such things as agendas, executive minutes, general meeting minutes plus things the President took part in.
- To call an executive meeting in June which includes past and incoming executive members. Note: Executive members include President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer.
- The President should feel free to ask for guidance and accept any mentorship given.
DUTIES IN AUGUST:
- To check in with the Fall Reception volunteers
DUTIES IN SEPTEMBER:
- To make up Interest Group Sign Up Sheets for the Fall Reception
DUTIES THROUGHOUT HER TERM:
- To call executive meetings
- To prepare agendas for executive meetings
- to prepare agendas for the general business
- to deal with any correspondence and appoint
necessary committees or individuals
- to attempt to attend the Provincial meeting
and if unable to attend, send a written report
- to respond, via email or phone calls, to
Provincial, Prairie or National items.
These will come from the Regional Directors,
Vice President Prairies and CFUW National
- To seek publicity for the club through newspaper,
radio and television.
- to attempt to attend the Annual General Meeting.
DUTIES IN MAY: .
- to prepare and present a written report of the
year’s happenings at the May AGM.
- to fill in National requests of new executive
- to fill in or pass to the appropriate groups the
requests from National on Membership-increase/
new members; Special Projects; Violence Against
Women; Mentorship or any other programs
National has awards for.
Note: Executive meetings are held in the home of the President or a location agreed upon by the executive.
The President DOES NOT have to have a project she wants to initiate but can.