Become a CFUW Member
We welcome all women, as recognized by the Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW):
- CFUW is a non-partisan, voluntary, self-funded organization with over 100 CFUW Clubs, located in every province across Canada.
- Since its founding in 1919, CFUW has been working to improve the status of women, and to promote human rights, public education, social justice, and peace.
- CFUW is the largest affiliate of the International Federation of University Women (IFUW), the leading girls’ and women’s global organization run by and for women, advocating for women’s rights, equality and empowerment through access to quality education and training up to the highest levels.
- Any woman who supports the goals of CFUW
CFUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or class
CFUW Cowichan Valley offers two categories of membership:
Full Membership: Open to any woman who supports the goals of the CFUW
Student Membership: Open to women who are residents of Canada and enrolled as students at a recognized post-secondary educational institution. Student members are entitled to all the privileges and responsibilities of full members but pay only fifty percent of the membership fee.
If you would like to join CFUW Cowichan, please contact us.
Dynamic Women Can Make a Difference!
Be part of a national group that:
- Fosters education and lifelong learning
- Advocates for womenʼs equality and human rights
- Offers opportunities to network with like minded women at the local level, sponsor community action projects to promote equity, serve in club leadership positions, and lobby local, provincial and federal legislators on CFUW priority issues.
- Is part of the International Federation of University Women
- Has special consultative status at the United Nations
- Is represented at the Canadian Commission for UNESCO
Your membership helps strengthen CFUW’s national voice on gender equality and human rights. As an organization entirely funded through our membership and dependent on our members lobbying their elected representatives at the local level, your participation makes a huge difference!