• Provide opportunities for fellowship
• Research and present resolutions
• Provide education on cultural, political, health and social issues
• Offer bursaries and scholarships to women in the community who wish to pursue post-secondary education
• Provide special interest and study group opportunities
• Inform our local MPs and MLAs of CFUW policies
The Club meets as a group once a month, usually the second Thursday in the evening starting at 6:45. Speakers are invited to our regular meetings and the topics chosen reflect the interests of our members. In addition, there are several social events during the year for members and potential members. View our 2014-15 Program page.
Over the years, our club has engaged in various activities to raise money for scholarships for girls graduating from high school or women that want to pursue a university degree.
The club is operated by an Executive Committee consisting of:
First Vice President
Second Vice President
CFUW Cowichan HISTORY
The Cowichan Valley University group was founded in 1983. There were only eleven members in the club at this time. Our club has grown significantly over the years and currently we have over fifty members.
At first, the club used to meet at various members’ homes. As our club has grown we have had to find larger venues and presently we meet at Vancouver Island University.